Salad jars abound on Pinterest and had it not been for Pinterest, I never would have thought of the idea on my own… so I’m glad other people did! Salad jars have made my transition to weekly meal prepping an easy one and they have become my go to for work lunches. Not only are they simple to make, but they are super convenient to just grab-n-go in the morning without having to think about what I’m going to take for lunch.
One of my new favorites is this Greek chicken salad. The original recipe makes five salad jars, but since I like to have a Mon-Wed-Fri salad and a Tues-Thurs salad, here is my modified version for three salads jars.
- 3 quart size wide mouth mason jars
- 6 tbsp Newmans Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups cumbers, sliced (I cut round slices than cut those slices into fours)
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- Divide ingredients evenly and layer into mason jars. Start with the salad dressing, then tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, cheese, and top with lettuce. Put mason jar top on and store in refrigerator.
- When ready to eat, shake the mason jar a few times or set the mason jar upside down for a minute or so to let the dressing coat all contents of the jar. Pour onto a plate or into a bowl and enjoy!
Source: Organize Yourself Skinny